Thursday, January 8, 2009

In all I do?

"In all I do, I honor you."

I found myself struggling to sing the last part of one of my favorite worship songs at church this week. If I could change the words to make myself feel a little better about saying it, I think it would go something like this:

"In all I do, I will try to honor you...but I'm not promising anything"

doesn't quite have the same ring....

I was reading a small devotional last night...and everything that I have been wrestling with (fences, honoring God, purifying my heart/motives) came screaming back to me. C.D. Baker writes:

"Don't tell anyone, but I can't live the Christian life...I've tried and tried...but I can't. I haven't loved God with all my heart, soul and mind, and I certainly haven't loved my neighbor as myself. The Big Lie that has weighed so heavily on me is that I can make my Christina life "work". It's a lie that has stood in the way of true communion with God, from fully appreciating the beauty of creation around me and the community of others."

But praise be to God, who has freed me of trying! He has shown me that only Christ can live that life through me as I get that "trying-harder" Self out of His way. How's that for perspective?

So lets see....

*I am back at school...ONE more semester!
And to sum up what I have learned this week: You CANNOT date your patients- no matter how sincere their marriage proposals are. Also...the xerox was responsible for the fall of the Soviet Union. Should be an interesting semester!
*Mom, congratulations on having the coolest blog....i love the 365 thing!
*I am currently completley obsessed with Adele... amazing singer/songwriter from U.K...who is, coincidentally, NOTHING like Amy Whinehouse.
*Not that I am already wishing my semester away...but only 5 weeks till Spring Break!

1 comment:

  1. Just because I am going to have a famous blog does not mean you can go name dropping about me in your blog!!

    You should update daily, I could just read your blog and forget about devotionals! You are an inspiration!! tears

    ReplyDelete